I have one coworker of mine who is ridiculous about sending me email forwards, but every once in awhile she’ll send me one that’s pretty good. Here’s today’s offering:
Written By Regina Brett of The Plain Dealer, Cleveland, Ohio who writes “My odometer rolled over in August, so here is the column once more”:
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ‘In five years, will this matter?’
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s,we’d grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
I know that I’ve written before about some of my feelings about work, my job, etc. I’ve been doing a lot of soul searching since I got back from vacation and I’m no closer to any answers than when I was standing in the Badlands, happier than I had been for a very long time. Don’t get me wrong – life is very good, but do I hang tight and keep with the status quo until November when I finally get my credit cards paid off or do I take a chance in the meantime and try to find something better? Or at the end of the day – is it just me? Is my biggest problem me? Probably … but I’m still thinking.
I’m on track to make another $200 payment tomorrow or at the beginning of next week. I missed last week’s payment because I invested $200 into an eye exam and new glasses – but that money comes from a flex spending account, so I’ll have it back soon and will throw that towards my credit cards.
Have a good day, my friends – I still owe you a couple of posts and ramblings that I thought on vacation … some good pictures too. 🙂
Working on Your Debt?
Join our FREE newsletter to get even more helpful tips straight to your inbox.